The world has moved forward from the days when advanced beauty treatments for anti-ageing and skin rejuvenation required going under the surgeon’s scalpel and prolonged downtime and recuperation periods. Today, advanced beauty treatments on laser, radiofrequency and plasma treatments have made procedures convenient and easy. Most treatments like permanent hair removal and skin rejuvenation are done in under an hour and the patient can resume normal duties immediately after.
Before going into the precautions that you should take before taking up advanced beauty care treatments, it will be relevant to know what these advanced processes are.
The first is procedures on laser and IPL machines which are excellent for permanent hair removal and skin rejuvenation that includes removal of fine lines and wrinkles, pigmentation, vascular lesions, acne scars and birth marks.
The second is plasma treatments. A handset delivers millisecond pulses of nitrogen based plasma which is activated by a UHF generator. The energy that is delivered produces a heating action by which photo damaged epidermal cells are removed and production of collagen is increased. In Australia, a plasma treatment machine by Universal IPL is considered to be one of the best. The company is a leading importer and distributor of top of the line technologically advanced beauty care equipment in the country.
Before taking up advanced beauty care treatments, it is necessary that you follow a few precautions.
This is included in precautions because it will give you an idea how things will eventually shape up post treatment. You will have a detailed discussion with the dermatologist or technician about what you can expect and after that evaluate whether it matches your expectations. You should also go through before/after photos of previous patients and then decide whether you want to go through with the treatment.
Next, it is necessary that you find out whether the treatments will be carried out on superior equipment. Patients availing services in clinics with sub-par machines face side effects such as burning and scarring. Here too, if you find that the equipment has been sourced from Universal IPL you can be sure of guaranteed and optimised results.
Laser permanent hair removal
Before laser permanent hair removal –
- Four to six weeks before treatment, avoid tanning yourself. Do not use tanning creams and sprays as well. Wear anti suntan lotion every time you step outside. A tanned skin will reduce the effectiveness of treatment.
- Do not pluck, bleach or wax hair from the area to be treated for 3 weeks before the procedure. Preserving the root and pigment of hair is essential for laser treatments.
- For best results, dermatologists will advise you to clean your skin thoroughly before treatment so that it is not oily and the texture is smooth and dry.
Laser skin rejuvenation
Before laser skin rejuvenation treatment –
- Have the area to be treated cleanly shaved, otherwise the session might be rescheduled.
- UV exposure should be avoided for at least a week before treatment
- About 30 to 40 minutes before treatment, apply a numbing cream to the area. This will be removed completely prior to treatment.
- Avoid chemical peels and other laser procedures in the area for at least 2 weeks before the present process.
These are some of the precautions that you should take before advanced beauty care treatments.